Grammar Collection - Parts of Speech
Most students will know some of the parts of speech (nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs) and some might know about some of the others (conjunctions, prepositions, determiners and interjections). But, do they know all of them?
Parts of Speech comes in 2 parts.
One is a Powerpoint to help you introduce the various parts of speech and get your students thinking of a few examples.
The other is a PDF, which includes;
- A card match (your students match the part of speech with the definition and an example.
- A labelling worksheet, for your students to label the parts of speech in a sentence.
- A worksheet for your students to write a sentence which includes as many parts of speech as they can.
- Some simple cards that can be used in anyway you like,
- A board game which requires your students to think of examples of the parts of speech.
Obviously, you can use the activities in way or order you feel like. But they are all there to help you and your students!
P.S. I will be updating the Grammar Collection Page as soon as possible, to include links to all of the activities on the blog so far.